--- Alan Altmark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Friday, 05/04/2007 at 02:05 MST, Thomas Kern
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > Isn't YVETTE also supplied strictly OCO with the
> three obligatory sample
> exits?
> >
> > If source code were available some enhancements
> like SNA functions
> (whatever
> > they were talking about), TCP connectivity to
> other YVETTE servers, CTC
> > connectivity to other systems (VTAM on z/OS?), or
> maybe inbound ssh
> traffic
> > from PuTTTY or OpenSSH, could make it into a VM
> system.
>
> Talking to VTAM on z/OS and adding SNA functions are
> one and the same. CMS
> doesn't have any way to talk to VM/VTAM, so you
> would need to replicate
> the PVM solution and create a GCS-based proxy server
> that YVETTE would
> talk to.  The proxy handles all of the VTAM (SNA)
> APIs.

When I worked for 3-S Software in the dim and distant
past we used to do that for X.25 into CMS. We moved
our X.25 virtual machine from  CMS where it had talked
to Sereis/1 into GCS where it could talk to both
Series/1 and VM/VTAM and hence NPSI. Theere was then a
set of routines that used IUCV to pass the X.25 from
CMS into GCS. Not a trivial task....