The JES2 1.7 Init and Tuning Guide says:
"NJE protocols support an Escon Basic Mode CTC (BCTC and a 3088 CTC) but do
not
support an ESCON CTC (SCTC)
P 263

MA

On 5/8/07, Les Geer (607-429-3580) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I am trying to determine if there is still a restriction that an ESCON
CTC
>between RSCS and z/OS JES must be defined as BCTC rather than SCTC.  The
>last time I looked at this was 1999 and it was still a restriction.  I
know
>that RSCS V3R2 can handle SCTC between RSCS systems.  I can't find
anything
>in the RSCS documentation that says there is a restriction.  I am not
sure
>what z/OS JES book might have the information.  I would also like to
>detemine if JES2 is any different from JES3.  I need to do JES 2 today
but
>may do JES 3 soon.
>
>Does anyone on the list happen to have such an NJE sonnection in use?

Wow this is a blast from the past question.  I have a vague memory from
10 years ago, and I believe this was a JES restriction not RSCS.
I do not know if this was ever resolved.  Try it.

Best Regards,
Les Geer
IBM z/VM and Linux Development