an idea could be for all participants tell here in VSE-L your avatar name,
so we can identify each one....
I will do as soon as I join Second Life.
-----Mensagem original-----
De: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Em nome
de David Boyes
Enviada em: sexta-feira, 18 de maio de 2007 12:47
Para: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Assunto: FW: Real Life is meeting Second Life at WAVV !!!

Here's a neat twist for a conference. Dunno how well it will work, but it's
innovative and a cool hack.

Subject: Real Life is meeting Second Life at WAVV !!!

Real Life is meeting Second Life at WAVV !!!

We're going to try having a little fun.  Want to hear more?

Are you a regular WAVV attendee who can't make it to Green Bay this year?

Will you be attending WAVV, but think someone on your team back home
(perhaps your manager) would like to see what WAVV has to offer?

Are you someone who has never attended WAVV, but are curious what you've
been missing? (WAVV = World Alliance of VSE, VM, Linux)

You may, or may not, be familiar with 'Second Life'.   Within Second Life,
you become immersed in a 3-D virtual world. For example, IBM has constructed
complete virtual version of the Briefing Center at the Boeblingen Lab.

Using Second Life technology, we're planning to do a simultaneous broadcast
of the 'IBM Update' session at  WAVV. The update session generally covers a
brief overview of z/VSE, z/VM, System z hardware, and Linux on System z.

It begins on Saturday, May 19, at 9:00 AM Central daylight time (7:00 AM
PDT, 8:00 AM MDT, 10:00 AM EDT, and 4:00 PM (16:00) Central European time).
The session will last approximately one hour. .

You can find instructions how to get yourself established in Second Life and
where to attend the meeting on the z/VSE web site.

http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/zseries/zvse/

Follow the instructions (there is a PDF to download) and join those of us at
WAVV - live (almost., there's a 2 minute delay). .

To tell the truth, we've never done this before.  As a result, there are no
guarantees.  If it doesn't work, we apologize.   Assuming it does work,
you'll be
able to learn more about z/VSE, z/VM, System z hardware, and Linux on System
z.   You may also begin to appreciate just a fraction of what's available at
WAVV.  Its worth a try.