q cpload indicates parm disk 3 (cf3) which is in fact the disk holding the
system config I modified with the new spool volume.
-James

On 5/21/07, John Franciscovich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Without knowing more details, here are some things to look at:

You need to make sure that the system config file that you changed to
include the new volume is on the PARM disk that is used at IPL time.

The PARM disk that is used during an IPL is the one that is specified to
the stand-alone loader program when it is created using the SALIPL
utility. You can override the SALIPL settings during any IPL by
displaying the stand-alone loader menu and changing whichever settings
you need to.

The order that disks are CPACCESSed (as shown with the Q CPDISK command)
on a running system has no effect on which PARM disk is used at IPL time.

John Franciscovich
z/VM Development