From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of James M
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2007 10:57 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: system config file

Thanks John.
Is there a way to show the sapl screen while the system is running?
-James

On 5/21/07, John Franciscovich < [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > wrote:

Given that, it looks like you'll be ok. The way to verify that this is
the disk that will be used the next time you IPL is to display the
stand-alone loader screen, and make sure that parm disk 3 is the one
being used (there are a couple of ways this could be shown, either as
EXTENT 3 or in the IPL parameters).

Also make sure that the system config file you changed is the one being
used. If the file you changed is named SYSTEM CONFIG, then make sure
there are no IPL parameters specifying a different name (with parameters

FN= or FT=). If the file has a different name, make sure there ARE
parameters FN= and/or FT= specifying that name.

John Franciscovich
z/VM Development