I am somewhat confused concerning the implications of the new CPUID forma
on a z9 and setting the CPUID for a guest operating system either in the
directory or by command. Do the first 2 digits of the 6 character cpuid i
the SET CPUID command actually simulate a virtual LPAR number? If so, wha
does the guest operating system think is its LPAR number? If I have defin
ed
2 CPU's, and the first 2 digits in the CPUID is different for each of the
m,
does this indicate 2 different LPARS? Could someone point me to
documentation that gives a good explanation? Is there any adverse
implications for a guest operating system such as z/OS if the CPUID's are

set as if it were a pre-z990 format? Thanks in advance for any clarificat
ion.