From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of RPN01
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 9:56 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Encryption options for DDR

I like the "clean system" idea... On the hardware encryption: This would
assume that your disaster recovery facility had those same encrypting
tape drives in place, wouldn't it? It would limit your possible recovery
sites considerably. And even if your DR vendor installed the same drives
on one of their platforms, what if someone else declares before you, and
is already in the shell that has your needed tape drives?

--
   .~.    Robert P. Nix             Mayo Foundation
   /V\    RO-OE-5-55                200 First Street SW