Chaitra Narayanaswamy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Wrote:-

>> I want to know whether any logger is present on VM like we have in DB2
to track all the activities performed by a User ID. Thanks in advance for
any help on this.

I think I can talk about this because it was discussed at the z/expo
recently. With z/VM 5.3 you will be able to include CP commands in the
directory. The main advantage with this is that you can include a CP spool
console command.

This is not a complete solution because :-

a) It does not show any commands given in a full screen environment.
b) Educated users (or code) can change the console spool settings.

If, on the other hand, all you want to know is details of logon/logoff
then user account information will give you this.

With best regards

Colin G Allinson
Technical Manager VM
Amadeus Data Processing GmbH
T +49 (0) 8122-43 49 75
F +49 (0) 8122-43 32 60
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.amadeus.com

IMPORTANT  -  CONFIDENTIALITY  NOTICE  - This e-mail is intended only for
the use of the individual or entity shown above as addressees . It may
contain information which is privileged, confidential or otherwise
protected from disclosure under applicable laws .  If the reader of this
transmission is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any dissemination, printing, distribution, copying, disclosure or the
taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error,
please immediately notify us by reply e-mail or using the address below
and delete the message and any attachments from your system .

Amadeus Data Processing GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Eberhard Haag
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Erding
HR München 48 199