Lionel -

Others have given you good advice but I have given up on FTPing
directly to minidisks because you never know whan someone is logged on
to the minidisk account or is linked to it.  In this case the FTP
will always fail.

I now FTP to the RDR of the CMS account.  For my own account, FJH, I
just do a change directory to my RDR:   CD FJH.RDR

After the FTP is done I just receive the file.

I do this with service machines too where I might have WAKEUP running
to detect a new file in the RDR and RECEIVE it.

FTP to the RDR was implimented in z/VM 3.1 .

/Fran Hensler at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania USA for 44 years
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]         +1.724.738.2153
        "Yes, Virginia, there is a Slippery Rock"