On Friday, 06/22/2007 at 11:50 ZW3, Carlos Bodra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
:
> DTCUTI002E TCP/IP was very low on TCP connections. Of 285 blocks, 41 are
free
> after 85 more allocated.
>
> These messages occur with differences of some days. In TCPIP PROFILE
file we
> have only SMALLDATABUFFERPOOLSIZE 150 included. All others buffers are
default
> values.
>
> What other buffer(s) I should modify (define) to solve this problem. Our

> network has about 300 to 350 at peak moment.

The information Miguel gave you will let you get rid of these messages.
However, they are really just informational/warnings (I don't know why
they are "E" messages) as TCP/IP automatically expands the buffer pool to
accomodate needs.

The message indicates is that you are getting more TCP/IP activity than
you usually do.  If you have increased the workload and then you might
reasonably expect additional resource consumption in the stack and
increasing the initial buffer allocation is justified.  If the activity
isn't expected, then it may be a sign of trouble or it may be an anomaly
and you should ignore it.

If you over-allocate memory to a particular buffer pool, you are reducing
the amount of memory available for other uses in the stack, so don't get
*too* carried away!

Look also at the NETSTAT POOL command.