On Jul 9, 2007, at 3:39 PM, Stephen Frazier wrote:

The answer is yes. A tool that is only needed by a few would be placed on its own mini-disk and linked to by those who need it. A tool that is used by almost everyone is placed on the Y disk so everyone has access to it all the time.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
What is the best practice for installing tools into the z/VM space?
1. Do you create a mini-disk for each tool and have everyone who needs it link to that disk for the time needed to use the tool?
2. Do you create a common mini-disk that is accessed by every user?
(in z/OS I would put the tools into their own libraries and then put those libraries into the linklist if everyone needed access or provide information on how to steplib for those infrequent uses).
Thanks (and please forgive the mention of z/OS)

I recommend using SFS rather than a minidisk, myself. Wastes less space, and I find that directories are easier to manage than keeping track of a bunch of different minidisks with no hierarchical organization.

Adam