On Tuesday, 07/10/2007 at 09:06 EST, Alan Ackerman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >On Monday, 07/09/2007 at 10:30 AST, Rick Troth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Alan Altmark
> >z/VM Development
> >IBM Endicott
>
> 10:30 AST? Alaska Standard Time? You're in Alaska, Alan? If so, why
bother
> to log in?

No, I'm in NY.  Domino examines the Date: field in the header and sets the
PostedDate attribute, used by my posting script.  Rick's are GMT -0400.
Yours are -0500.  You'll note that it says EST for you and AST for Rick.
Domino isn't adjusting for DST.

The script is using the PostedDate so as to correlate it to when you
*sent* the post, not when I received it.  Hmmm...that's not such a great
idea as some clients will build the Date: header when you start the mail,
not send it.

I think I'll change it to use the date I received it.  Domino gets that
one right every time.  And it's probably close enough.  Thanks for
pointing it out.