When I started high school in 1956 I remember that there were IBM clocks
all through the school and they were syncronized by a master clock.
I don't know if the system was hard wired or the if the clocks received
a radio signal.

In 1963 I started working for Slippery Rock State College and there
were IBM clocks but I don't think they were synchronized.  They were
very old and discolored.  One day a clever IBM salesman told our
business manager that he would buy a new clock for his office in
exchange for the IBM clock.  I think the salesman paid $3.00 for an
ordinary kitchen wall clock and made the exchange.  I'm sure that he
was laughing all the way home.

/Fran Hensler at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania USA for 44 years
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]         +1.724.738.2153
        "Yes, Virginia, there is a Slippery Rock"