From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Fran Hensler
Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2007 1:35 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: OT: old equipment VMESA

When I started high school in 1956 I remember that there were IBM clocks
all through the school and they were syncronized by a master clock.
I don't know if the system was hard wired or the if the clocks received
a radio signal.

In 1963 I started working for Slippery Rock State College and there were
IBM clocks but I don't think they were synchronized.  They were very old
and discolored.  One day a clever IBM salesman told our business manager
that he would buy a new clock for his office in exchange for the IBM
clock.  I think the salesman paid $3.00 for an ordinary kitchen wall
clock and made the exchange.  I'm sure that he was laughing all the way
home.

/Fran Hensler at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania USA for 44
years
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]         +1.724.738.2153
        "Yes, Virginia, there is a Slippery Rock"