Troy A Slaughter wrote:
I was wondering if anyone knows if there's any doc out there on how to configure service machine VMUTIL.

I don't recall if VMUTIL comes pre-defined with a z/VM system, but the core of VMUTIL is often the WAKEUP program, which is documented in the "CMS Command and Utility Reference" manual (this manual changes names from time to time; this is the title used in the no-longer-unsupported z/VM 4.4 release).

As others have noted, there are more powerful versions of WAKEUP or programs like WAKEUP than what ships with VM itself, but for many shops, the shipped-by-IBM version of WAKEUP is in use already, so the shipped-by-IBM documentation can be of use, too.

Nick the Ardent