> Or alternatively make TCPIP DATA point to a local cache-only DNS  and
> point that to the proper DNS to resolve (although you normally would
> not need to change that but let it find working DNS itself). I would
> not use the VM TCP/IP DNS anymore for this - running bind on Linux
> might be wiser.

Another good reason to have a DNS caching server as part of your VM and
Linux based server farm... 8-)

Set up two Linux-based servers running bind9 as DHCP clients on the
external interfaces, make sure there are more than one, and that your VM
stack lists all of them in the NSINTERADDR line. Then you just force
dhcpcd to renew it's info, and presto! Instant update, and the VM stack
just keeps on plugging.