We are running XRC under z/VM 5.2 and it's running just fine.

Issues we had were all z/OS related and were fixed by applying maintenance
and making sure that enough memory was allocated to the virtual machine (we
had problems with z/OS dying when XRC exausted all memory for it's buffers
over a couple of days time). The timestamping concern you mention should be
addressed by maint - check out the XRC PUT bucket (if you haven't done so
already), also make sure that you have all maint related to the DASD boxes
on each end applied (should be a PUT bucket available for them as well) -
also, if you havent checked the PUT buckets in a while then you might find
some new info has been added. It's also a good idea to run an SMP/E
ERRSYSMOD report to see if you have any outstanding errors on your systems
that relates to this (but make sure you receive the latest hold data first
if you haven't done it in a while).

Hope this helps.

|---------+------------------------------->
|         |           Marcy Cortes        |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           sfargo.com>         |
|         |           Sent by: The IBM    |
|         |           z/VM Operating      |
|         |           System              |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           .EDU>               |
|         |                               |
|         |                               |
|         |           10/11/2006 01:43 PM |
|         |           Please respond to   |
|         |           The IBM z/VM        |
|         |           Operating System    |
|         |                               |
|---------+------------------------------->

>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
                                |
  |       cc:       (bcc: James Moling/IR/FMS)
                                |
  |       Subject:  XRC use and z/VM

Any issues with VM 5.1 or 5.2 and XRC?  My storage guy said to check on
timestamping i/o? or something like that - and make sure we have all the
PTF's on for that.  I wasn't quite sure what to search on in IBMLink.

Marcy Cortes

"This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on
this message or any information herein.  If you have received this
and delete this message.  Thank you for your cooperation."