From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Jim Moling
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 4:11 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: [IBMVM] XRC use and z/VM

We are running XRC under z/VM 5.2 and it's running just fine.

Issues we had were all z/OS related and were fixed by applying
maintenance and making sure that enough memory was allocated to the
virtual machine (we had problems with z/OS dying when XRC exausted all
memory for it's buffers over a couple of days time). The timestamping
concern you mention should be addressed by maint - check out the XRC PUT
bucket (if you haven't done so already), also make sure that you have
all maint related to the DASD boxes on each end applied (should be a PUT
bucket available for them as well) - also, if you havent checked the PUT
buckets in a while then you might find some new info has been added.
It's also a good idea to run an SMP/E ERRSYSMOD report to see if you
have any outstanding errors on your systems that relates to this (but
make sure you receive the latest hold data first if you haven't done it
in a while).

Hope this helps.

|---------+------------------------------->
|         |           Marcy Cortes        |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           sfargo.com>         |
|         |           Sent by: The IBM    |
|         |           z/VM Operating      |
|         |           System              |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           .EDU>               |
|         |                               |
|         |                               |
|         |           10/11/2006 01:43 PM |
|         |           Please respond to   |
|         |           The IBM z/VM        |
|         |           Operating System    |
|         |                               |
|---------+------------------------------->

--------------------------------------|

  |       To:       IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
|
  |       cc:       (bcc: James Moling/IR/FMS)
|
  |       Subject:  XRC use and z/VM

Any issues with VM 5.1 or 5.2 and XRC?  My storage guy said to check on
timestamping i/o? or something like that - and make sure we have all the
PTF's on for that.  I wasn't quite sure what to search on in IBMLink.

Marcy Cortes

"This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on
this message or any information herein.  If you have received this
and delete this message.  Thank you for your cooperation."