Phillip, you are getting confused between the individual VM component RSU

service levels and the overall "tape" RSU level.  The VM tape RSU contain
service for all of the components of VM and the RSU level is defined in

the format:  "yynn".  Where "yy" is the last two digits of the year
and "nn" is the number of the tape for that year.  In your case,
RSU "0601" is/was the first RSU tape created in 2006.  The VM components

RSU service levels are in the format:  "rrnn".  Where "rr" is the VM
release number and "nn" is the service level number for that component.

In your case, you are running z/VM 4.4.0, so your release number is "04"

and your service level for CP is "03", the third RSU for CP that had any

maintenance.  An important thing to remember is that not all components

have new service on a new RSU tape.  For example, the GCS component rarel
has RSU maintenance, so while you might order a newer VM RSU tape, GCS

might stay at the same internal service level.  For example, lets say GCS

is at service level "0401" on RSU tape 0601.  There is a very good chance

that on RSU tape 0701, GCS will still be at service level "0401", since i
probably will not have any maintenance applied.  IIRC, the VMFPSU command

will tell you what service level each of the components on the RSU tape i
at and if you need to apply maintenence for that component.

Hope this information is helpful to you.

--
Dale R. Smith