Fortunately, IBM makes it easy for us to define new command classes so we can do it our way. If I were feeling demanding, I might whine about IBM (and other vendors) listing command classes they want instead of commands (and DIAGs) they want, but I'm not, so.... :-)

Does anyone else define a class that has all of the QUERYs and other "output only" classes? I run with class GU on my personal userid -- I can look to make sure all is well, but to actually fix anything (or break it worse), I need to get on something like MAINT.

Nick

Schuh, Richard wrote:

In that case, FORCE and XAUTOLOG should be in a class that does not include SHUTDOWN. After all, why should we trust TCPIP any more than we do other users? Who knows what information it is shipping to Chuckie unbeknownst to us?