John, here is some sample Assembler code to switch to System Key 0,
execute the required instructions, and then switch pack to the original

storage key.

         IPK   ,                   Save Storage Protect Key in R2
         SPKA  0                   Get System Key 0
         ...              Your Instructions that need Key 0
* If your code needs to modify R2, R2 must be saved and restored before
* executing the following instruction.
         SPKA  0(R2)               Restore Storage Protect Key

--
Dale R. Smith

"Logic merely enables one to be wrong with authority."
- Doctor Who

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 12:53:13 -0400, John Woods <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
:

>I have a C application running in user mode that I would like to have ca
ll
>an assembler subroutine that currently uses the (good old) BALR interfac
>to VCADTLKP to see if a disk mode is accessed... I know, I know... but

hey,