Is this PC multi-homed? Does your ICC Intranet have a connection to your
regular Intranet?

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of James M
Sent: September 10, 2007 14:21
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: z/VM 5.2 ICC console connection problems

I get various results
sometimes I get no error
sometimes I get unable to connect to host
some times unable to find host/gateway

I have another backup pc that is able to connect to the ICC
...and on the pc that cannot connect to the icc I am able to connect
to vm's tcpip
very weird...don't know what to do

diagnostics on the icc shows no errors
ibm ce is here now also scratching his head. (he also accidently
varied off the wrong chpid bringing down my whole ip network).
-Jim

wrote:

> lpars
> > > and

> but
> > > I'm
> see
> > > the

> if
> > > most
> > > using
ICC,
> you
> > > can

> port
> > > card
> telnet

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> > > level.

it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any
review retransmission dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in
reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient or delegate is strictly prohibited.  If you received this in error
please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.  The
integrity and security of this message cannot by guaranteed on the Internet.
The Sender accepts no liability for the content of this e-mail or for the
consequences of any actions taken on basis of the information provided.  The
recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of
viruses.  The sender accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this e-mail.  This disclaimer is the property of the TTC and
must not be altered or circumvented in any manner.