How do you issue the CP DETACH E00 (in your example below) if the user is
in a FORCE PENDING state?

Alan Altmark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
09/11/2007 02:26 PM
Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Z/VM 5.2 Ghost User

On Tuesday, 09/11/2007 at 02:18 EDT, "Hughes, Jim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

wrote:
> How do I "kill" this I/O so the VSE system can finish its
> logoff/shutdown sequence?

What makes you think that the I/O to E02 is what is holding up the VSE
shutdown?  Mind you, I'm not necessarily disagreeing, but I'm wondering
how you arrived at that conclusion.  Did VSE indicate it was shutting down

its OSAs?  Was TCP/IP stopping (or whatever)?

You can DETACH E00 and cause the whole virtual NIC to disappear.  That
should stop the I/O.  With predjudice.  :-)