Lionel:

> I just experienced shopzseries for the first time. To say it
> was interesting is an understatement.

If a user has a problem or question related to their ShopzSeries
experience, they should use the contact information on the
Customer service page to get support.

> I used it to order z/vm 5.3 and found I was able to select it
> on DVD but then when it asked for media options it only allowed
> 2 which were both tape.

As you know, we deliver z/VM through a package offering, which is
the VM/SDO. While the z/VM operating system is available for
delivery on DVD, no other items within the VM/SDO are available
on DVD. If an order is placed for the z/VM operating system on
DVD, and any other deliverable within the VM/SDO is included in
the order, the customer will have to select a tape media. Every
VM/SDO order includes the SDO Enabling Aid. The enabling aid can
only be delivered on tape media, which we suspect is the cause of
requirement for a tape media for the order placed on ShopzSeries.

> Is there a way to order the base z/VM and maintenance
> electronic and if so how?

Service for z/VM can be ordered via ShopzSeries and will be
delivered electronically.

> If there is a DVD ordering option why doesn't the media option
> reflect that ? very strange.

Jim