I remember back in zVM 5.1 or 5.2 days seeing on the list that there were memory problems or memory size issues. I probably didn't follow it because I was using 4.4 and probably just thought it would be fixed. Now I see that it wasn't fixed. I've just been told by IBM it's a "feechur". I'm seeing it with the TCPIP clients, FTP and LPR. They grab about 5M and don't release it. I didn't see it in putting the release together because whoever runs the MAINT id in installation with a small machine size.
Does anyone have any ideas or a solution or is that just the way it is?
Jim

--
Jim Bohnsack
Cornell University