On Saturday, 09/29/2007 at 05:31 EDT, David Boyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > And, natch, my PROFILE GCS in RSCS and my :exit. in SYSTEM DTCPARMS
> for
> > TCPIP would run a DIAG A0 program to look for the ESM, failing to
> start if
> > not present.
>
> That would seem to be a good argument for supplying a DIAGA0 MODULE
> somewhere like the default MAINT 190...8-). RC=0 if ESM installed and
> enabled, RC=28 if not installed/enabled.
>
> Requirement?

Yes, but are you sure that's what you want?  Why not a CP QUERY ESM?  It's
just a yes or no question; RC=0 means yes, non-zero means no.  The text
returned by the QUERY is irrelevant.  With a sufficiently advanced QUERY,
a vendor-dependent string could be returned.  E.g. the name of the ESM (as
defined by the vendor) along with level information.

CP QUERY ESM
HCP9999E An External Security Manager is not installed
Ready(9999);

CP QUERY ESM
RACF Security Server feature FL530
Ready;