This is true.

When I was in college in the 70¹s, we toured the air traffic control center
in Indianapolis. They had a large number of s/360 systems with huge amounts
(then) of additional memory; so much so, that to shorten electrical paths,
one memory cabinet for each system was hung from the ceiling over the CPU.

We asked them at that time why they hadn¹t converted to s/370 boxes, and the
response was ³Because this works; Why change it?²

--
   .~.    Robert P. Nix             Mayo Foundation
   /V\    RO-OE-5-55              200 First Street SW