> Actually, it's much easier, at least in my opinion, to do the massive
> edits
> to the directory before handing off the first version to DirMaint or
some
> other directory manager. Why do in 100 or more dirm commands what you
> could
> do in three or four xedit commands.

Easier, but you have no evidence that you actually did so if some
auditor yahoo comes and whines about it. You also can then ensure that
whatever new passwords assigned actually meet your password policies,
etc, etc, blah, blah.

I'm not disagreeing that doing it before the load into DIRM is a lot
easier, just been dealing with too many whiny auditor types recently to
think it's likely to get past some of them. But, your suggestion is
certainly better than the current situation, anyway.

Whatever happened to RPWLIST FILE in the install process? There was a
step in the VM/SP or HPO installation that forced you to change the
default passwords, and you couldn't use anything that was in RPWLIST
FILE, which included the dumb defaults (same as userid, easy guess,
etc). That step appears to have fallen out of the current install.

-- db