From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Ray Mansell
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2007 6:53 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: [IBMVM] Sanity check?

Marcy Cortes wrote:
> I know, my gun my foot...
>
> But does anyone else think it might be a good idea for CP to check
> available page space before allowing a (really big) virtual machine to

> be logged on?
> One shouldn't define a virtual machine of size 1500G when one meant to

> do 1500M!
>
> Maybe I should just take a day off, huh?

OK... I have to ask. How did you manage to define a virtual machine
whose size was 1500G?

There's a machine-dependent limit on the maximum virtual storage size
(256GB for a z990, 1TB for a z9), so are you sure you successfully
defined 1500G? Or did CP enforce the maximum supported for your machine?

(Or maybe there's some way I'm not aware of to bypass this limit.)

Of course, even if CP did constrain you to the maximum supported, you'd
still be in trouble! I'm just curious concerning the actual numbers
quoted.

Ray Mansell

P.s. "Constrained to 1TB" is really a sign of the times. My very first
virtual machine, several decades ago, was 320KB!!