But Rob, that depends on the console being at 009 and on the target having a
190 (either as MDISK or as LINK).
The good trick is simply "LINK userid", and I've hear somewhere (ages ago)
that "IBM is aware of this trick", so they will not revert the logic
(logically one would indeed first check the syntax of the LINK command and
only when that is OK, start scanning the CP directory)

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support