On 10/26/07, Kris Buelens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> But Rob, that depends on the console being at 009 and on the target having a
> 190 (either as MDISK or as LINK).

I assume one can predict where his own console is. Whether the 190
disk is there or not, the return code allows you to distinguish
between various cases. All you want to do is prevent the disk is
actually linked.

> The good trick is simply "LINK userid", and I've hear somewhere (ages ago)

As long as that does not check the syntax, it would be fine. Otherwise
you would want a proper LINK that does not cause extra damage.

IIRC the SPOOL PUN also fails for a NOLOG userid (to make PROFS users
aware the recipient does not live there anymore).

Rob