A CLASS G linux guest only needs to signal CP that ITS own shutdown
processing has been completed and apparently the x0FFF in the PSW does th
at.

An SVM or Operator or Sysprog that issued the SIGNAL SHUTDOWN command wil
get the HCPSIG2113I message when the target SVM has completed its shutdow
(if it has loaded that magic PSW), so they could be running a program to
intercept the HCPSIG2113I messages and continue on the rest of the
processing if all targets complete before the specified WITHIN value.

/Tom Kern
/301-903-2211