Hello,

When setting up the MONITOR profile to collect data, can certain
configuration records (specifically the 1/06 Device) be disabled or be
prevented from being created?  If so, which other configuration records
can be disabled?

I checked the CP Commands and Utilities Reference, MONITOR SAMPLE
command ENABLE/DISABLE parameter and see no mention of configuration
records, just the following:

APPLDATA

I/O (ALL, specific devices and classes)

NETWORK

PROCESSOR

STORAGE

USER (ALL, specific userids)

However, I do see a note in the manual that the MONITOR and SYSTEM
domains cannot be disabled from data collection.  So if I specified
DISABLE I/O ALL does that mean Domain 1/6 records will not be collected?
Is there any other reason why 1/6 records would not be created?

Thank you,

Patricia Dixon

ca

Software Engineer