Hi, Karl.

Karl Kingston wrote:
[snip.....]
Don't care about the spool. Can you provide a step by step to rebuild the NSSes and DCSSes?

Can't use SPXTAPE dump as we have no tape drives attached to either of the VM systems. Is there a way to save the DCSSes and NSSes without a tape drive?

Yup, there sure is ....we've got a freebie spool file backup/restore utility that can backup (to CMS files) and restore all types of spool files; DCSS, NSS, NLS, IMG, UCR, and unit record (PRT, PUN, RDR). Drop me a note off list if you'd like a copy of this free utility.

Have a good one.

--
DJ

V/Soft
  z/VM and mainframe Linux expertise, training,
  consulting, and software development
www.vsoft-software.com