still not home on this.

didn't know about ATTACH with MULTIUSER - thanks Les.

so, i added this line:
'CP ATT' tape_addr 'TO * AS 181 MULTIUSER'

the tape_addr variable is read with Parse ARG b/c the operator uses
xautolog bkupsdf "#exec cuu

now after the 'DFSMSRM MOUNT VOLUME' ... command
i added :

'WAITDEV 181'   -- didn't work - it just sits there after RMSMASTR
finishes
tried:
'WAITDEV' tape_addr  -- to wait on the real address -- didn't work either.
tried:
'WAITDEV TAP1'  -- since i can't find any doc on WAITDEV, altho i did find
the MODULE -
didn't work. hmmm...

what is missing here? are there more options for WAITDEV?

prg

Phillip Gramly
Systems Programmer
Communications Data Group