5. Make the syntax similar to the one in SYSTEM CONFIG6. Integrate it into
SYSTEM CONFIG via INCLUDE and keep the source directory on PARM disks.
7. Define the DRCT space in SYSTEM CONFIG the way warmstart and checkpoint
areas are
8. Provide compile/nocompile option or a checkpointing system that would not
compile the directory at every IPL but would if the system is brought up on
a disaster recovery site.

I could go on. That would be NICE. But that would be quite a sweeping
change. I was arguing for a special comment statement just for MDISK because
I think that is the statement that cries for comment option the most. If I
ever put any comment into the directory, then if it is not to do with the
userid itself (which is already catered for by "*") it is most likely to do
with MDISK. I would also like the minidisk comment statement to immediately
precede MDISK, not follow it. Plus your ideas 2 and 3. I would like the
comment to be query-able. I can imagine many situations where it would be
very useful and reassuring.

Ivica Brodaric