On Thursday, 02/14/2008 at 08:14 EST, Fred Schmidt
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Does anybody run some form of Installation Verification Procedures
(IVP's) for
> z/VM's base components? If so, are they home-grown, or where did you
find them?

> I note that some licensed products for z/VM have IVP's in their Program
> Directories, but don't see anything mentioned for the z/VM base or the
> Performance Toolkit, etc.
>
> Coming from an MVS background, it is pretty standard to run IVP's to at
least
> verify basic functionality of products, so you know that installation
was
> performed correctly.

If CP and CMS don't work, you wouldn't be able to run the IVP!  We test
z/VM and its features here.

Program products have IVPs because .... I don't know.  The great thing
about computers, unlike people, is that they reliably do the same thing
every time.  I can understand that the Fortran compiler needs to be tested
after the installation and service procedures have been developed, in
order to test that the developers got it right, but after you've done
that, why keep doing it?   Maybe they were afraid of low-quality or
untested PTFs?

Do MVS and TSO actually have IVPs?