________________________________

        From: The IBM z/VM Operating System
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Huegel, Thomas
        Sent: Friday, February 22, 2008 7:28 AM
        To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
        Subject: Re: Article: In Search of Mainframe Engineers

        Yes, Salaries would be rising, so would job opennings. I blame
the VM developers at IBM, if they didn't produce such a great product we
might need twice as many sysprogs. Years ago it used to take me anyplace
from 6mo. to a year to install a new release of the operating system.
Now it takes less than 1 month.