Any physical full pack backup, whether using VM's DDR
or z/OS's DFDSS, or any other system's anybackup,
is of little use without a hardcopy of the directory,
or a diskmap. You can only restore an mdisk if you know
what cylinders to restore.

In your case, since the system that lost the mdisk
is still up and running, I would suggest doing:
Q MDISK USER MAINT 49E LOC DRCT
This will display the cylinders in use by MAINT 49E.
Hopefully, the DFDSS backup/restore program includes
the ability to restore specific cylinders???

Good luck,
Shimon