Hi,

I've just installed our first RHEL4.4 Linux under z/VM 5.3 (RSU 0703) and we
have a slight issue with the fdisk and fsck commands in that they don't
recognise the partitions on the 3390 minidisks that Linux is using for it's
dasda disk:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# fdisk -l

Note: sector size is 4096 (not 512)

Disk /dev/dasda: 7384 MB, 7384596480 bytes
15 heads, 12 sectors/track, 10016 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 180 * 4096 = 737280 bytes

Disk /dev/dasda doesn't contain a valid partition table

We booted from dasda1 and can access the filesystem OK, just not via fdisk. Is
this something to do with the fact that these are z/VM 3390 minidisks and not
standard IDE hard drives? Or are we doing something wrong? Or is this 'normal'
behaviour?

Posted to the Linux-390 list as well as not sure if this is a Linux issue or to
do with z/VM (suspect Linux though).

Thanks.

Cheers,

Darren

This e-mail has come from Experian, the only business to have been twice named
the UK's 'Business of the Year’
Have you read our new resource on Affinity Marketing 'Everybody is Somebody's
Customer' where we share our experience of managing successful affinity
campaigns? Download from www.experianim.com/affinitymarketing
(simply paste the URL into your web browser)
Information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential, and may not be
copied or used by anyone other than the addressee, nor disclosed to any third
party without our permission. There is no intention to create any legally
binding contract or other binding commitment through the use of this electronic
communication unless it is issued in accordance with the Experian Limited
standard terms and conditions of purchase or other express written agreement
between Experian Limited and the recipient.
Although Experian has taken reasonable steps to ensure that this communication
and any attachments are free from computer virus, you are advised to take your
own steps to ensure that they are actually virus free.
Companies Act information:
Registered name: Experian Limited
Registered office: Talbot House, Talbot Street, Nottingham NG80 1TH
Place of registration: England and Wales
Registered number: 653331