-----Original Message-----

From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of O'Brien, David W. (NIH/CIT) [C]
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 1:37 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Performance problem Linux under Zvm

Our shop is new to Zvm and Linux. We have a very small number of Linux
users who are reporting significant response time problems. It almost
seems as if each stops running for a period of time and is then
re-dispatched.

Is there a VM parameter that we might have taken the default on that
needs tweaking?

Any help or advice appreciated as this is a proof of concept endeavour
and we would like not to turn off prospective users from the start.

Thank you,
Dave O'Brien
National Institutes of Health