Rich,

Why do the 2 files have different numbers?

the RLST and RPTF have always had the same number in my experience.
and usually the RPTF is more than one file in an RSU with the numbers
incremental by 1

reorder buddy

Bill Munson
VM System Programmer
201-418-7588

President MVMUA
http://www2.marist.edu/~mvmua/

"Schuh, Richard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
04/17/2008 03:21 PM
Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
z/VM 5.3 vs. RSU

I have done a DDR restore of the 5.3 system and am in the throes of
applying the current RSU. To this end, I have FTPd the files from IBM to
my VM system with the following results:
1. There were three files
A small file containing the byte counts for the other two files
A file named RLST5794 BIN
A file named RPTF1094 BIN
2. The byte counts for the two BIN files were correct.
3. I used DETERSE to unpack the files, making the unpacked files filetype
SERVLINK
When I enter the command "vmfrec info (env rlst5794", the result is the
message DMSWPD1452S. Help describes this error as:
Explanation: A record was encountered in the envelope file that has a
prefix
identifying it as a VMFPLCD control record, but the record is not a group

separator record or a file header record.
I can see no such VMFPLCD control record header in the file unless a line
containing only "()' qualifies. The string "plc", case insensitive, is
nowhere in the file. If I look at the RPTF file, every
record begins with x'02' followed by "PLC".
Have I missed something? Is my RLST file corrupt?
Regards,
Richard Schuh

*************************** IMPORTANT
NOTE***************************** The opinions expressed in this
message and/or any attachments are those of the author and not
necessarily those of Brown Brothers Harriman & Co., its
subsidiaries and affiliates ("BBH"). There is no guarantee that
this message is either private or confidential, and it may have
been altered by unauthorized sources without your or our knowledge.
Nothing in the message is capable or intended to create any legally
binding obligations on either party and it is not intended to
provide legal advice. BBH accepts no responsibility for loss or
damage from its use, including damage from virus.