Mark,

Check your VSWITCH definition. I'm guessing it's defined with "IP
NONROUTER" (which is the default).Needs to be "IP PRIROUTER" if packets are
going to get through to your Hipersockets LAN.

Best regards,
      Mark

             Mark Pace
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             Sent by: The IBM          IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
             z/VM Operating                                             cc
             System
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                     Subject
             ARK.EDU>                  Hipersockets - xposted to VM-L &
                                       IBM-Main

             04/22/2008 03:33
             PM

             Please respond to
               The IBM z/VM
             Operating System
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 ARK.EDU>

I have a z/OS 1.9 system using an OSA to reach the internet and
Hipersockets for LPAR communication.
I then copied this system to a guest under z/VM.
On the guest I attached the z/OS to my VSWITCH, and changed the IP address
then brought up TCPIP on that adapter without problem.
But the Hipersockets are a different issue.  I attached 3 address,
(even-odd-even) to the guest as the same addresses used on the original
z/OS, changed the IP address and restarted TCPIP.  The messages from TCPIP
say that the adapter started okay,

EZZ4313I INITIALIZATION COMPLETE FOR DEVICE IUTIQDFF

but I can't ping any other address on the Hipersocket network.  And nothing
can ping it.  All the messages from netstat,dev look exactly like the one
on the z/OS that works, except of course, for the all zeros in the counts.

DEVNAME: IUTIQDFF          DEVTYPE: MPCIPA
  DEVSTATUS: READY         CFGROUTER: NON  ACTROUTER: NON
  LNKNAME: IUTLNK1           LNKTYPE: IPAQIDIO    LNKSTATUS: READY
    NETNUM: N/A  QUESIZE: N/A
    IPBROADCASTCAPABILITY: NO
    ARPOFFLOAD: YES                ARPOFFLOADINFO: YES
    ACTMTU: 57344
    READSTORAGE: GLOBAL (8064K)
    SECCLASS: 255                  MONSYSPLEX: NO
  BSD ROUTING PARAMETERS:
    MTU SIZE: 57344             METRIC: 00
    DESTADDR: 0.0.0.0           SUBNETMASK: 255.255.255.0
  MULTICAST SPECIFIC:
    MULTICAST CAPABILITY: YES
    GROUP             REFCNT      SRCFLTMD