Ah, when you said "97% Utilization" I though you meant page space
utilization... that would have been bad...
But, if you are only running 3% in use, then the problem is elsewhere.

Beginning to sound like you may have a real processor cycle shortage....

Mike
C. M. (Mike) Hammock
Sr. Technical Support
zFrame & IBM zSeries Solutions
(404) 643-3258
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

             "Horlick,
             Michael"
             <michael.horlick@                                          To
             cgi.com>                  "IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU"
             Sent by: The IBM          <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
             z/VM Operating                                             cc
             System
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                     Subject
             ARK.EDU>                  Re: Using SET SHARE, performance
                                       problem

             04/23/2008 02:17
             PM

             Please respond to
               The IBM z/VM
             Operating System
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 ARK.EDU>

Hi,

Yes, they all have

OPTION QUICKDSP in their directory entry

In terms of page space utilization:

q alloc page
                EXTENT     EXTENT  TOTAL  PAGES   HIGH    %
VOLID  RDEV      START        END  PAGES IN USE   PAGE USED
520PAG E202          1       3338 600840  19566  23852   3%
SUMMARY                           600840  19566          3%
USABLE                            600840  19566          3%
Ready;

I have to take a look at SRM STORBUFF.

Thanks

Mike