On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 3:49 PM, Bill Holder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So this indicates that the SYSTEM virtual address space has 1 page on paging
> DASD, but how do we know it's the one remaining page on the specific volume
> Martha's trying to drain?  If you folks have solved that one, I'd be quite
> interested in hearing how.  ;)

Well, we do have the performance history and could seen which users
were getting paged and to what volumes CP was paging at that time. But
I fear the granularity will not be enough for this kind of diagnosis.

> I guess if you go through all spaces (for the system and for all users), and
> only ever find one page on DASD total, then you can safely assume it's the
> one, but otherwise, I don't see how it helps.

The system is not memory constrained at all, and does not page. So
there is only one page out on DASD, so I know who owns it. If you can
tell me where this system address space is anchored off, I could scan
the segment and page tables to find which virtual page it is.

Rob
--
Rob van der Heij
Velocity Software GmbH