On Wednesday, 06/04/2008 at 06:44 EDT, Mike Walter
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Looking in the z/VM 530 TCP/IP Messages and Codes manual, there's no
> DTCOBE0055E message listed.  OBVIOUSLY, it must be self-documenting!
> <That typed with disapproval of "self-documenting messages" dripping
from
> the keyboard.>  In fact there's only 1 (count 'em, ONE) numbered
OBEYFILE
> message, and three unnumbered messages.  DTCOBE0055E must be newer than
> the -02 manual I'm looking in.

obeyfile xxxxx tcpip
VM TCP/IP Obeyfile
DTCOBE005E Unable to read file 'XXXXX TCPIP A'
TPMAINT at GDLVMK4(00012); T=0.01/0.01 10:00:30

That would be far better as
DTC0BE005E File 'XXXXX TCPIP A' not found
TPMAINT at GDLVMK4(00028);
..but it is what it is.  C'est la vie.

If you call us about something and there is a related message which is not
documented that is preventing you from discovering the error, we will add
it to the book.  But please don't call us just to tell us that some
message is missing.  Chuckie knows where you live and what kind of car you
drive, if ya know whaddi mean.

If you want to know what to put into an OBEY file, try using ifconfig.

ifconfig -show hsi0 10.1.2.3 mask 255.255.255.0 mtu 1500 hipers b000

will show you the statements that need to be in the obey file.  (Without
the -show it will actually do the obeyfile.)  It can be very handy when
you are using virtual networks since it will also show you the DEFINEs and
COUPLEs.

This doesn't help with getting past OBEYFILE file access errors, of
course, but it helps with content.