From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2008 9:27 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: can the cpu model be obtained from the HMC panel

Hi listers,

is there a way to get the cpu model from an HMC panel? I have searched
this on a 2096, but I only got the 2096 S07 on the "View Hardware
Configuration". But the performance model of this machine was R01, out
of the contract which I have asked for afterwards. But I would be
interested, if I could find this information also on the HMC directly. I
had several times asked customers which model they have and they didn't
know it.
--
kind regards
Franz Josef Pohlen