Posted to the IBMVM, LINUX-390, IBMMAIN listservs for those
who are interested in no-charge educational webcasts on
topics relating to z/VM, z/VSE, Linux on System z.

The next live virtual class is scheduled for
 Date:  Wednesday, June 25th, 2008
 Time:  11:00 AM EDTime (New York),  10:00 AM CDT
        London 4:00 PM, Frankfurt  5:00 PM,  Moscow  7:00PM
 Duration: 75 minutes

Title:  High Availability Applications Using Disk Mirroring
Speakers:
        Dr. Holger Smolinski, IBM Boeblingen
        Susanne Wintenberger, IBM Boeblingen
        Michael Daubman, IBM STG Lab Services

Abstract:
RAID 1 mirrored disks are usually used to prevent you from data
loss in case of a disastrous error in a storage controller.
In this webcast we will show how even transient failures of storage
controllers can cause application outages.
We will present a solution which augments RAID1 to also ensure
application availability.

The solution; available as an IBM Lab Based Service for RHEL Version 4
and 5 for System z; provides:
*  A  SW disk mirroring solution (like RAID1) which does not block I/O on
   transient outages of storage devices.
*  Integration into the distribution to enables mirroring of root and
   swap file systems.
*  Ability to IPL/Boot with partially available disk configurations
*  Enhanced recovery support offering selective recovery for transient
   failures.

We will also discuss how customers using SUSE SLES 10 can solve the same
problems.

Link to an invitation/flyer for the call
 http://www.vm.ibm.com/education/lvc/lvcin625.pdf

How to attend:
Connect to the Live Virtual Class (LVC) session using the following URL:
 OR
Connect from the z/VM Website at:
http://www.vm.ibm.com/education/lvc

There is no charge to participate in this technical education session

 REPLAY INFORMATION:
 The replay will be available on the web approximately 4 hours after the
 event.

You can connect to the LVC session up to 10 minutes prior to the start of
the session.  You do not have to pre-register to attend the webcast,
but you will need to enter your email to join the call.
The REPLAY will be available on the web using the same "connect" URL
approximately 4 hours after the event.

If you are unable to connect to the Live Virtual Class session, you can
download the presentation from the z/VM LVC website the day before the
webcast and listen to the audio portion of the session via telephone
using the following:

Teleconference Information
Toll Free:¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦ 1-888-240-4148
Toll:¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦ 1-719-234-0214
Access Code:¦¦ 437879
Note: use of the telephone connection does not provide capability for you
to ask questions during the session.

Replays: As a reminder, the 2007/2008 sessions are available for replay
from the z/VM website at:
http://www.vm.ibm.com/education/lvc

As before, please direct LVC questions to my friend
Julie Liesenfelt at [EMAIL PROTECTED] :-)

Thanks!

Regards,
Pam Christina