Thanks Alan.

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Alan Altmark
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 12:15 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: RACFVM ERROR HCPLGA6525E

On Tuesday, 06/17/2008 at 11:56 EDT, "Martin, Terry R. (CMS/CTR) (CTR)"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I think I see where my problem was. On Page36 of the ?Security on
z/VM?
Red
> Book it talks about performing a NOAUTOLOG during the IPL so that no
other
> machines are started. It never prompted me for the START OPTIONS (Not
sure
> why). Anyway I think the real issue is that I also did not XAUTOLOG
RACMAINT.
> When RACMAINT virtual machine is logged on and run the RACSTART EXEC
it
is
> defined as the ESM (External Security Manager). So even if for some
reason I
> cannot figure out why I did not get the START OPTIONS PROMPT at IPL
time
to do
> the NOAUTOLOG I think I can still XAUTOLOG RACMAINT. Unless I am
missing

> something that AUTOLOG is doing other than starting the virtual
machines
> should be ok. Am I looking at this correctly????

If you have to choose a document to follow, use the RACF Program
Directory.  In general, a Redbook is stale the instant it is published,
reflecting opinions and configurations that apply only to the specific
software used.

If you were not prompted for the start options, it's because you have
the
options set in SYSTEM CONFIG or in SALIPL.

When you're all done, AUTOLOG1 starts RACFVM.   RACFVM starts AUTOLOG2.
AUTOLOG2 starts everything else (that you previously had in AUTOLOG1).

If you're still autologging RACMAINT, then you didn't finish the
install.