If you want to try to 'roll your own' SFS authorisation package, look at
'WORF' on the VM download page.

Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Schuh, Richard
Sent: June 19, 2008 12:52
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: SFS REVOKE AUTH question

Like I said, I have never witnessed such a situation. Your case is
hypothetical, and I admit there may be other hypothetical cases where it
is necessary to enroll all but a few users in a filepool and then using
the grant public mechanism without public being enrolled. What happens
if one of those who is denied access need to see other files in the
filepool? It is better to not authorize public if you want to deny
access to anyone.

Without having a Deny Access capability in SFS, there probably is no
really good answer to the various cases that can be conjured.

Regards,
Richard Schuh

it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any
review retransmission dissemination or other use of or taking any action in
reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient or delegate is strictly prohibited.  If you received this in error
please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.  The
integrity and security of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet.
The sender accepts no liability for the content of this e-mail or for the
consequences of any actions taken on the basis of information provided.  The
recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of
viruses.  The sender accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this e-mail.  This disclaimer is property of the TTC and must
not be altered or circumvented in any manner.